§1 General Conditions
These Terms of Service shall apply to services provided by the Administrator through the surferlocal.com website and all subdomains, including in particular https://app.surferlocal.com. These Regulations shall therefore define the types, scope and conditions for the provision of services by electronic means by SURFER LOCAL Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Wrocław, Plac Solny 14/3, 50-062 Wrocław, Poland, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs by the District Court for Wrocław-Fabryczna in Wrocław, VI Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the number 0000880128 (hereinafter referred to as SURFER LOCAL). The Regulations constitute regulations within the meaning of the Act on providing services by electronic means.
- Administrator - SURFER LOCAL Sp. z o.o. in Wrocław with registered office at: Pl. Solny 14/3, 50-062 Wrocław, share capital: 5000 zł, NIP: 8971887866, REGON: 388000462, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000880128;
- SURFER LOCAL - SURFER LOCAL Sp. z o.o. in Wrocław with registered office at: Pl. Solny 14/3, 50-062 Wrocław, share capital: 5000 zł, NIP: 8971887866, REGON: 388000462, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000880128;
- User - a natural person over 18 years of age or a person of full legal age in accordance with the law in force in the place of residence of that person. Minors may use the Website and the Services offered therein only with the consent and under the supervision of adults (legal guardians), as well as a natural person running a business, a legal person or an entity without legal personality, which uses services provided electronically by the Administrator;
- Login or Registration Form - a form available on the Website or on an external website, used to create an Account;
- Account - a set of resources in the Administrator's ICT system, marked with an individual name (login/e-mail) and password provided by the User, in which the User's data are stored;
- Regulations - these Regulations, in accordance with Article 8 of the Act of 18 July 2002 on provision of services by electronic means, i.e. of 6 February 2020. (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 344) - defining the rules of using the Website and Services;
- Inquiry - a request for the analysis of a specific phrase in a specific location and language, submitted by the User through the Account.
- Electronic service - the performance of a service provided without the simultaneous presence of the parties (at a distance), through the transmission of data at the individual request of the recipient of the service, sent and received by means of equipment for electronic processing, including digital compression, and data storage, which is entirely transmitted, received or broadcast via a telecommunications network within the meaning of the Telecommunications Law.
- Contract - the contract of sale concluded between the User and SURFER LOCAL via the Website for the Services described in section 3 below, provided by SURFER LOCAL.
- Service or Services - the services provided electronically by SURFER LOCAL as described in § 3 - § 5 below.
- Price List - the current price list for a given type of subscription posted on the Administrator's website: https://surferlocal.com/pricing, whereas if the User activates the second and subsequent slot:
- more than 15 days before the end of the Billing Period, pays 100% of the subscription price for that Slot,
- less than 15 days before the end of the Billing Period and more than 7, pays 66.6% of the subscription price for that Slot.
- less than 7 days before the end of the Billing Period, you pay 50% of the subscription price for that Slot
- Billing period - the period for which the User pays fees for the duration of the subscription to the Service. The settlement period is one month, counted as 30 consecutive calendar days - in case of a subscription for a period of 1 month and 12 months, counted as 365 consecutive calendar days - in case of a subscription for a period of one year. Fees for Subscription for services rendered on the Website are charged:
- in advance each month on the calendar day on which the subscription commenced in accordance with the provisions hereof in the case of monthly subscriptions,
- in advance annually on the calendar day on which the subscription commenced in accordance with the provisions hereof in the case of an annual subscription.
- Slot - functionality of the Service which allows the User to add one active Google User company profile on the Account created by the User as part of the purchased subscription.
§2 Use of the Service
- The User is obliged to use the Website in accordance with these Regulations, in a manner consistent with applicable law, as well as rules of social coexistence and good manners.
- All actions taken by the User should respect the personal rights of third parties.
- When using the Service, the User is obliged to provide true and correct data and to protect it against unauthorized access.
- Posting of personal information of third parties on the Service is prohibited without the prior consent of such third parties.
- The User may have only one Account. Creating multiple accounts requires explicit consent of the Administrator.
- Each User, as well as any third party accessing the Service, is required to refrain from copying, modifying, sharing, transmitting or using in any other way the content and databases available on the Service, outside the scope of fair use restrictions.
- The password enabling the User to log into the Website is private and confidential. In order to ensure control over the account, protect it and prevent unauthorized persons from taking over the account, the User should not disclose the password or details of the chosen payment method to anyone.
- Any exchange of passwords between Users is prohibited.
- Attempts to introduce malware (malware, including bots, viruses, spyware, "worms", etc.) into the system are prohibited.
- Any content or activity that in any way violates these Terms of Service or is inconsistent with the purpose of the Service may be reported via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to use the Service, it is necessary to have a computer with the following minimum requirements: single Core 3.0GHZ processor, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7xxx series graphics card or equivalent, and a web browser with LTE/4G network access recommended, as well as a keyboard or other pointing device to fill out electronic forms. Recommended Requirements: Duo Core processor or higher, 4GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 10xxx series graphics card or equivalent, and a web browser with LTE/4G network access recommended.
- Creating a User Account on the Website is free of charge.
- The Administrator shall use its best efforts to ensure that the Services it provides through the Website are fully satisfactory to the Users.
- In order to take full advantage of the Service, you must read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Registration of Users on the Website takes place via the website containing a Login Form, by filling it in with their data (e-mail address), creating a password securing an Account and clicking the button confirming registration, after prior acceptance of these Regulations.
- An agreement on provision of services for which the Administrator does not charge fees is considered concluded when the User presses (clicks) the button that confirms his/her registration on the Website.
- The Administrator is entitled to terminate the agreement described in section 5 above concluded with the User with 14 days' notice. The User will be informed about the termination by e-mail sent to the e-mail address provided during registration.
- Setting up a new Account by a User whose previous Account has been deleted requires the explicit consent of the Administrator.
- If you discover any errors in the functionality of the Website, you have the right to request their removal by contacting us via email@example.com, based on the nature and complexity of the error.
- You may terminate your account with the Service at any time, and access to the Service and your account will be provided until the end of the monthly billing period.
- As a result of purchasing a subscription based on the Pricelist, the User may gain access to additional functionalities of the Website indicated in this paragraph and § 5.
- You may, at your option, purchase a renewable subscription for a period of one month or one year at the current fees applicable under the Price List.
- To activate and use the subscription, it is necessary to have a payment card accepted by the payment operator or a PayPal account. In order to activate the subscription, the User should add a payment card, providing its number, expiration date and CVV/CVC code, and accept the terms and conditions of the payment operator, or go through the payment procedure through PayPal,
- The User purchases one subscription for one Slot added by them within their Account. The User may only purchase one subscription per Slot. The User may add more than one Slot to an Account and thus purchase more than one subscription, which will include the same billing period and in the first month the amount will be adjusted according to when the billing period for the account falls in accordance with § 1 p.13 . The user can add or remove a slot at any time, which is equivalent to cancelling the subscription. Cancelling a subscription for one slot does not affect the subscriptions activated by the User for other User slots. When a Slot is deleted, it will remain active until the end of the billing period. Deletion of additional slots happens immediately and the overpayment is credited.
- Provision of the Services by the Administrator continues in the Slot from the time you purchase a subscription until terminated as a result:
- deactivation of Subscription by the User,
- lack of funds on the User's payment card and three unsuccessful attempts to charge the card,
- expiry of the period for which the Subscription was concluded in the case of a single subscription for a period of 12 months.
- When you deactivate your subscription for a particular Slot, you will have access to historical data about that Slot, but that data will not be updated until you reactivate your subscription. In the event of a complete deletion of a Slot by the User from their account, all data pertaining to that Slot is irretrievably deleted.
- When another Slot is added during a Billing Period, the second and each subsequent VAT invoice for subscriptions for that Slot will be billed and issued on the same date, along with invoices for all of Your other subscriptions.
- Invoices will be sent to the email address used to create the account at app.surferlocal.com from the payment provider to Surfer Lcoal - Paddle based:
🇬🇧 Paddle.com Market Limited: Judd House, 18-29 Mora Street, London, EC1V 8BT, United Kingdom
🇮🇪 Paddle Payments Limited: Core B, Block 71, The Plaza, Park West, Dublin 12, Ireland
🇺🇸 Paddle.com Inc: 3811 Ditmars Blvd, 1071, Astoria, NY 11105-1803, USA
- Within 30 days from the date of activation of the first subscription for a given Slot, the User has the right to cancel the subscription without giving any reason. You must then contact the Administrator by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by chat in the application and express the desire to receive a refund for activating the subscription. In this case, the Administrator will return the fee paid by the User within 14 days from the date of cancellation of the subscription. The Administrator indicates that Users:
- may not request a refund for second and subsequent purchases of subscriptions for the same Google My Business account,
- may not request more than a total of three refunds for cancellation of subscriptions without cause.
- If the subscription is cancelled after the aforementioned 30-day period, no refund will be given.
- To unsubscribe, deactivate or delete a Slot, the User may send a message informing about such intention to SURFER LOCAL: Pl. Solny 14/3, 50-062, Wroclaw, Poland, or to the e-mail address: email@example.com, or perform the aforementioned actions within the relevant functionality of the Service using the appropriate button.
- The Administrator reserves the right to introduce discretionary promotional actions concerning the terms and prices of the offered subscriptions. The Administrator shall inform users of the terms and deadlines of promotional campaigns in a manner chosen by the Administrator, in particular via the Account, in the Website or by e-mail.
§4 Functionality of the Service
- Analysis results are presented as charts, reports, summaries, etc.
- Most of the analysis is done in real time, it can take a few minutes to process. Some of the functionalities, for example: estimated site traffic or keyword volume, are taken from a pre-calculated database.
- The administrator reserves the right to present the results of analyses conducted not in real time.
- Through your Account, you have access to the results of your queries for the past three months, though access may be limited to a shorter period for users on free accounts.
- The Administrator informs that the analyses and results are presented solely for informational purposes and the Service is intended for owners of Google company profiles who are able to use them properly. The analyses are not to be used as guidelines or recommendations, and taking any action based on the obtained results is entirely voluntary. Therefore, the Administrator shall not be held liable for the use of the data obtained via the Website and the results thereof.
- If the Customer forgets/loses the password he/she provided during registration, he/she has the opportunity to use the "Reset password" functionality, which will generate and send to the e-mail address provided during registration a message with a link allowing to reset the password.
- Each Account after registration is assigned only to one User and only this User is its owner. The Administrator points out that it is not possible to assign, transfer or otherwise transfer (resell accounts) existing User Accounts to other entities. This also applies to existing limits on the Account. The Administrator also points out that it is not possible to share the same Account by several Users or by other third parties.
- The exact and current scope of functionality of the Service and Services offered through it by the Administrator is available at [https://surferlocal.com/].
- If the User, who is a consumer as defined by Article 22 (1) of the Civil Code, believes that the Administrator does not provide his services in accordance with the previously agreed rules, he may file a formal complaint. In such a case the User is asked to inform the Administrator about all the alleged violations in order to enable the Administrator to clarify its position on the matter.
- All formal complaints should be sent by post to the following address: Pl. Solny 14/3, 50-062, Wrocław, Poland, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The complaint should contain your name and surname, a proper e-mail address, a description of the alleged violations and your demands related to it. In case of a complaint, please indicate the reasons for the complaint and information necessary to identify the order.
- If it is determined that the complaint does not contain sufficient information, the Administrator will again request additional data from the User before responding to the complaint.
- The Administrator shall respond to the complaint within 14 days (does not apply to complaints submitted by Clients who are not consumers). The response to the complaint will be sent via e-mail, unless the User requests that the response be sent by post.
- SURFER LOCAL will consider the complaint within 14 days and inform about the method of its resolution In the absence of a response from the Administrator within 14 days, the complaint is considered valid (does not apply to complaints submitted by Users who are not consumers).
- For users who are consumers within the meaning of Article 22 (1) of the Civil Code, a complaint may be submitted within 12 months from the date on which the User activated access to the Service or from the date of delivery of an invoice containing an incorrect calculation of the amount due for the supply and use of the Service. Complaints submitted after this period shall not be considered, of which SURFER LOCAL shall immediately notify the User.
§6 Withdrawal from the Agreement
- The User who is also a consumer within the meaning of Article 22(1) of the Civil Code of 23 April 1964. (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 459), has the right to withdraw from the Agreement concluded remotely, without giving reasons, within 14 days from the date of conclusion of the agreement on provision of services by electronic means.
- The above provision does not apply in the following cases: the provision of services in which the trader has performed the service in accordance with the consumer's express consent, if the consumer has been informed before the performance of the service that after the performance by the trader he will lose the right to withdraw from the Agreement, contracts for the provision of services where the price or remuneration depends on fluctuations in the financial market beyond the trader's control, which may occur before the expiry of the withdrawal period, service contracts including items that are not prefabricated, produced to the consumer's specifications or used to meet his own individual needs, service contracts including items that go bad or have a short shelf life, contracts for the provision of services involving items supplied in sealed packaging which, once opened by the consumer, cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons, specific contracts for the provision of services involving items which, because of their inherent nature, are inseparable from other items after delivery, service contracts for alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the service contract and can only be delivered after 30 days and the price of which depends on fluctuations in the financial market outside the trader's control, contracts where the consumer has explicitly requested the trader to carry out urgent repairs or maintenance work. If the trader provides ancillary services other than those requested by the consumer or supplies items other than replacement parts necessarily used in carrying out repairs or maintenance, the consumer is entitled to withdraw from the contract in respect of such ancillary services or items, service contracts relating to sound or visual recordings or software supplied in sealed packaging if the packaging is opened by the consumer after delivery, newspapers, periodicals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts, contracts concluded at a public auction, contracts for the provision of accommodation other than for residential purpose, transport of goods, car rental services, catering services or services related to leisure, if the contract provides for a specific day or period of performance, contracts for the supply of digital content that is not supplied on a durable medium, if the performance has begun with the consumer's prior express consent and with his acknowledgment that he has lost his right to withdraw from the contract (if the consumer has consented to the commencement of performance of the contract during the withdrawal period and has acknowledged that, as a result, he will lose his right to withdraw from the contract (art. 38(13) of the Consumer Rights Act).
- In order to withdraw from the Agreement, you must make a written statement via snail mail or e-mail within the statutory period of 14 days from the conclusion of the Agreement, or delete your data from the Website using the appropriate button (field).
- The provisions relating to the consumer's right of withdrawal contained in these Terms and Conditions shall also apply to a natural person concluding an agreement directly related to his/her business activity, if the content of the agreement indicates that it is not of a professional nature for that person, resulting in particular from the subject of his/her business activity. business activity, made available on the basis of the provisions of the Central Register and Information on Business Activity.
§7 Copyright Protection
- All photos and other materials (including texts, graphics, logotypes, etc.) available in the Service are the Administrator's property or have been used by the Administrator with permission of the third parties who own copyrights to them.
- Copying photos and other graphic materials, as well as reprinting any texts available in the Service and their publication in the Internet without prior written consent of the Administrator or a third party, who is entitled to appropriate copyrights, is prohibited.
- Downloading graphic material from the Website and using it for promotional or commercial purposes is also prohibited to all third parties.
- Any use of the above mentioned materials without prior written consent of the Administrator or a third party who holds the relevant copyrights is illegal and may be the basis for legal action against the person involved.
§8 Exclusion of liability
- The Administrator shall not be liable for any damages caused by the User's failure to provide complete, correct and up-to-date data.
- The Administrator shall not be liable for misuse of the data obtained through queries submitted by the User or third parties. The analyses provided are specialist data and are intended for professionals. Incorrect use of these data may produce undesirable results.
- The Administrator shall not be liable for damages incurred by the Users resulting from force majeure, according to the applicable provisions of the Polish law.
§9 Personal Data Protection
- The provisions of the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data in connection with the provision of services by electronic means shall apply to the processing of personal data, unless the provisions of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of services by electronic means provide otherwise. The provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Regulation) shall also apply. on Data Protection), hereinafter referred to (also the EU Regulation).
- The Administrator is allowed to process the following personal User data necessary to establish, shape the content of, change or terminate legal relations, among others: The User's surname and first names; Login and password to the System, IP address; Correspondence address, if the ordering party represents a company and wants to receive an invoice, additionally the name and the seat of the company and its tax identification number; The User's electronic addresses.
- The data controller is SURFER LOCAL.
- You agree that SURFER LOCAL will process your personal data for the purpose of performing the Agreement and handling the cancellation and complaint process. At the same time, SURFER LOCAL points out that, in accordance with the EU Regulation, a separate consent for data processing is not required if the processing of personal data is necessary to achieve one of the purposes indicated in the EU Regulation referred to above, i.e. in the case of the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or at the request of the data subject, the activities necessary for the conclusion of the contract.
- You also consent to the processing and transfer of your personal data to entities working with SURFER LOCAL for the purpose of performing the Agreement / providing the Services.
- Each person has the right to access their data and correct them, as well as to control the processing of their data. The User has the right to request the cessation of processing of the data provided by him by deleting them from the database, but in this case further implementation of the Agreement / Service may prove impossible, and the Seller may cease to sell to the Customer.
- In order to perform contracts or other legal acts with the User, SURFER LOCAL may process other data necessary due to the nature of the service provided or the manner of its settlement.
- Providing personal data contained in the login form and order form is voluntary, but necessary to conclude and perform the Agreement / provide Services. Failure to provide the data will result in cancellation of the order.
- The personal data provided by the User when placing an order are processed by SURFER LOCAL primarily for the proper performance of the Agreements and will not be disclosed to third parties unless there are circumstances obliging or authorizing SURFER LOCAL to such disclosure under the law.
- The User's personal data may also be transferred to entities performing activities related to the execution of the Agreements.
- The User is obliged to update his/her personal data provided to SURFER LOCAL in connection with the provision of Services through the Website.
- The user may agree only on his own behalf to receive commercial, promotional and marketing information by means of electronic communication, in particular e-mail, in accordance with the Act on Electronic Provision of Services. In this case, the user's personal data may also be processed by SURFER LOCAL for the purposes of advertising, market research and research into behaviour and preferences with the aim of improving the quality of services provided by SURFER LOCAL, which also includes the consent expressed by the user.
- SURFER LOCAL processes the Customer's personal data to the extent necessary for the establishment, formation of the content, modification, termination and proper execution of the Contracts.
- By accepting the relevant clauses contained in the order / login form, the user agrees to: (1) the processing of data for purposes related to the service of the User and the provision of services by SURFER LOCAL, (2) optionally also to send to the e-mail address provided by the User information about products on https://surferlocal.com/ and their functionalities.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws 2018, item 1000), and based on Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation), we ensure the protection of all personal data acquired as a result of our business activities and the execution of your orders on our Website.
- In the cases and under the conditions specified in the applicable laws, the User has the right to demand the supplementation, updating, rectification of personal data, temporary or permanent suspension of their processing or their deletion if they are incomplete, outdated, untrue or collected in violation of the law, or are no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected, and also has the right to submit a written request to cease their processing.
§10 Statutory right of withdrawal
- If the User is a Consumer, he/she has the right to withdraw from the Agreement / Subscription for Services without giving any reason within 14 days from the date on which the Consumer or, in the case of multiple products covered by one order but delivered separately, after the expiry of 14 days from which the Consumer or a third party indicated by him/her (not being the carrier) actually comes into possession of the last of the products subject to § 7.2.13 of these Regulations.
- To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall inform SURFER LOCAL by email to email@example.com or by using the withdrawal form indicated below.
- Click here to download the withdrawal template.
- Giving reasons for withdrawal is not required if the Consumer sends a statement of withdrawal electronically via the Model withdrawal form or by sending an e-mail, we will send such Consumer a confirmation of receipt of the statement of withdrawal on a durable medium (pdf).
- The Consumer is not entitled to withdraw from the Contract if its subject is the supply of one of the following products: i. Products tailored to the individual needs of the Customer; ii. Sound or visual recordings or computer programs delivered in sealed packaging, if the packaging has been opened after delivery; iii. Goods in a sealed package that cannot be returned after opening the package for health or hygiene reasons, if the package has been opened after delivery.
- In the event of a statutory withdrawal by the Consumer, we will reimburse all payments received from the Consumer, including shipping costs, using the same method of payment chosen by the Consumer when paying for the product, unless the Consumer has expressly agreed to a different method of reimbursement that does not involve any additional costs for the Consumer.
- In the event of a statutory withdrawal from this contract and the selection of one of the refund methods offered by us, a refund shall be made without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which SURFER LOCAL has been informed of the withdrawal from the contract.
- To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for the Consumer to send a communication concerning the exercise of the Consumer's right of withdrawal before the end of the withdrawal period.
- In the case of withdrawal from the Agreement, SURFER LOCAL shall return to the Consumer all payments received, including the costs of delivery of the item (except for additional costs arising from the chosen by the Customer method of delivery other than the cheapest ordinary delivery method offered by the Seller, immediately, and in any case no later than 14 days from the date on which the Seller was informed of the Customer's decision to exercise the right of withdrawal from the Sales Agreement, subject to §7.2 of these Regulations.
§11 Final Provisions
- The Administrator reserves the right to introduce restrictions in the usability of the Service caused by technical problems, maintenance works or updates implementation. At the same time the Administrator is obliged to limit the above-mentioned technical breaks to night hours and to keep them as short as possible.
- Changes will be introduced no sooner than 7 days after informing the User, and the changes to the Regulations will not be aimed at modifying the rights that the Users have acquired before their introduction.
- The provisions of these Regulations are not intended to waive or limit any rights of the User who is a consumer, within the meaning of the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code, i.e. of 16 September 2020. (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1740) , applicable in accordance with mandatory provisions of law. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions is inconsistent with the aforementioned provisions of law, the provisions of law shall prevail.
- For any disputes between the Administrator and a User who is not a consumer, the proper court will be the court having jurisdiction over the Administrator's registered office address.
- In matters not covered by these Terms and Conditions, the relevant provisions of Polish law shall apply, in particular the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code, i.e. 16 September 2020. (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1740) and any other applicable laws.
- If an amicable solution is not possible, the conflict shall be resolved by a court of competent jurisdiction according to the provisions of Polish law for the User who is also a consumer in accordance with Article 22(1) of the Act of 23 April 1964 Civil Code, dated 16 September 2020. (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 1740) . Any disputes arising out of the services provided by the Administrator as well as any potential disputes that may arise therefrom shall be governed by the Polish law and the court competent to resolve them shall be the Polish court, unless the applicable law of a Member State of the European Union or any other territory provides otherwise.1. A proof of purchase shall be attached to each Service purchased.
- SURFER LOCAL reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. In this case, the new Terms and Conditions will be published on the website and all Users will be informed of the content of the changes 7 (seven) days before the changes take effect.
- It is forbidden for Users to provide any unlawful content, in particular, in any way violating applicable law, inciting racial, ethnic or religious hatred, containing pornographic content, praising fascism, Nazism, communism, propagating violence, offending religious feelings, violating the rights of others, etc.
- The User is fully responsible for any violation of applicable law or damage caused by his/her actions on the Website, in particular for providing illegal or false information, violating personal rights or copyrights and related rights, as well as disclosing trade secrets or other confidential information.
- SURFER LOCAL takes technical and organizational measures appropriate to the degree of security risk of the Services provided, in particular measures to prevent unauthorized persons from obtaining and modifying the personal data of Participants made available in connection with the provision of the Services by the Website. However, SURFER LOCAL stipulates that the use of the Services provided electronically may involve risks. Potential risks associated with this, as well as the technical measures available to Users to minimise them, are described in the Information on specific risks associated with the use by Users of services provided electronically, constituting Appendix No. 1 to these Regulations.
- These Regulations are effective as of 25.11.2021.
Information about the specific risks associated with the use by Users of the services provided electronically by Surfer Local
As part of the implementation of the obligation under Article 6(1) of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services (Journal of Laws No. 144, item 1204, as amended), Surfer Local informs about the specific risks associated with the use of electronic services by users.
Surfer Local states that it takes the necessary measures to protect its infrastructure from unauthorized acts of third parties, so the risks listed below may only potentially occur, but should be kept in mind when using the electronically provided services.
The primary risks associated with Internet use include:
- Malware, which means various types of applications or scripts that have harmful, criminal or damaging effects on the User's computer system, such as viruses, trojans (Trojan horses), keyloggers, dialers;
- spyware, which are tracking programs that collect information about you and send it - usually without your knowledge or consent - to the program's author;
- Spam, or unsolicited and unwanted e-mails sent simultaneously to multiple recipients, often containing advertising content;
- Phishing for sensitive personal information (e.g. passwords) by impersonating a trustworthy person or institution (phishing);
- hacking into a user's data communications system using, among other things, hacking tools such as exploits and rootkits.
To avoid these threats, users should equip their computers and other electronic devices they use to connect to the Internet with antivirus software. Such program should be constantly updated.
Protection against risks associated with Users' use of electronic services is also provided by:
- active firewall,
- software update,
- not opening email attachments of unknown origin,
- Reading application installation windows and their licenses,
- regular comprehensive system scanning with anti-virus and anti-malware software,- encryption of data transmission,
- installation of preventive programs (intrusion detection and prevention),- use of original system and applications from a legal source.